So, last weekend we shared that we had done some running around and that Saturday, I sorted through the several copies that we had made and carefully created four piles of identical paperwork.
Here, you can see one of the piles all laid out.
We then made a pilgrimage to the local post office. I was being semi ridiculous as Randy wanted to walk, but I wanted to drive, because I just didn't want anything to happen to all of these papers. He convinced me to walk and here we are holding and packaging the "baby" upon arrival.
Eventually after several goodbyes, we mailed our dossier to Virginia. I followed that little package online for three days and mid week, we received an email from our family coordinator stating that the package had arrived. Praise the Lord!!!! Our dossier will now be reviewed by two folks within the agency and then it will be reviewed by the United States Embassy and then the Rwandan Embassy in Washington DC. After that, it will fly to Rwanda and I will track it's progress on the Internet once again. We are feeling so incredibly blessed as the adoption has been fully funded so far because of help from the Lord, family, and friends. We are so appreciative of your prayers and funding.
The next few months will be filled with so much activity so the wait shouldn't be to excruciating. We both graduate at the beginning of May. Randy will continue to craft his thesis on puppies...ok, so it's not on puppies, but I know he wishes that it was. About mid May we will be hosting a dessert reception fundraiser at our church. I still don't have the details of this event laid out, but I am really excited that our pastor has granted us access to the church for an evening and that we have already had quite a few friends step up to the plate to help with this event. I have begun to construct a letter for local businesses with the hope of securing a few donated items for a raffle. We hope to share our story through song and narration with all those that attend.
Randy is also applying for a few teaching positions this month throughout New England...mostly Vermont so far and I have found a few in New Hampshire that might be greeted with his resume within the next couple of weeks...so we'll just wait and see. I believe that is all for now. I must continue to read for my class on Monday. Only four more class sessions to endure and then I will be done and officially on break from academia for a while. Hope this finds you all well and thanks for reading. It is so nice to share with you all. Have a blustery spring day.
Just one baby step ahead of you. Our Dossier landed in Rwanda only a couple of weeks ago. I too tracked the progress. Reading your post made me laugh as I so relate with the joy of sending off and watching it journey to it's final destination. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT!!!
ReplyDelete