Today
We found out today that our dossier has begun its final leg of the journey. The bundle has been mailed to Rwanda. It is expected to land in Kigali in a little over a week. How very excited we are. It feels so surreal. Randy was funny, "So what's the next thing that we need to fill out?" Oh...
I have gotten pretty good at waiting for things. Here are a few things that I have waited for this week...
Grayson to finish wiping so that I could do a double check.
The gentleman to turn in his thirty five lottery tickets so that I could pay for my gas.
The women on the other end of the line to stop talking so that I could transfer her to someone who could answer her question.
My toast to brown in the toaster.
Grayson's raincoat to arrive from the store.
The computer to finish loading a file.
The sun to shine.
The teapot to boil.
Grayson to listen to my words.
Randy to see my side of the story.
My second to last class to be dismissed.
My final paper to begin writing itself...probably not going to happen.
Randy's thesis to be finished...hopefully going to happen.
Through all of it, God has been on the move, one step ahead of me, all the while holding onto me at the same time. It is so nice to be in His grip, especially during those moments where there is time to reflect...those moments filled with waiting. Please join our family as we wait to hear about our little one, the baby in Rwanda as Gray calls her. It will be a little while,several months in fact, but luckily we get to wait together.
Hello,
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I are also working on a Rwandan adoption - from Canada. We are looking for a lawyer in Rwanda to complete our Dossier.
Do you have one you might recommend?
If you are willing to share, our email is: glowtoes@hotmail.com
Gail....