We have started requesting pieces to our Dossier this week. This is also referred to as the paper pregnancy and at the rate we are moving, it could take just as long...not really. We have requested our birth certificates and marriage certificate from all over the United States. I have talked with our insurance provider and our employers and put in a bid for letters to be created that claim we are legitimate insurees and employees. We plan to work on our financial statement this weekend and a few other bits and bobs. The online adoption training is going well. It has been such a resource for shedding light onto what to expect...possibly, depending on your child, their orphanage, their caregivers, etc.
On a different note, I had one of those God moments earlier today. I haven't told Randy about it yet, actually, come to think of it, I haven't shared it with anyone but the cat and that is only because she felt it appropriate to lay at my feet during it. I was coming up to our bedroom to get ready for a run when I felt washed over with this urgency to pray. I instantly fell to my knees at the foot of my bed and just began spilling my heart to the Lord. I was on the verge of tears, praying for Rwanda, the child, Randy, Grayson, and then it flew into prayers of thanksgiving, and then there was peace. It's not like there wasn't peace before the prayer, but this peace was unmistakably brought onto my heart by the Lord. "Be anxious for nothing, but in prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to the Lord, and His peace which transcends all understanding, shall guard your heart in Christ Jesus." (Phil 4:1, paraphrased) I have been praying over this scripture for a month and then it played out at the foot of my bed.
One more log on the fire for this evening...we have been abundantly blessed with the response from our Maine neighbors. Each day this week, we have come in contact with several bags of bottles and cans from people that we know well to people we are meeting for the first time. Thank you so much to each of you who has shared with us. The "Recycling for Rwanda" fund is growing! Amen
Hi Terra, We are also adopting from Rwanda through AWAA. Our Dossier has been there for 8 weeks now. Welcome to the group. Have you joined the AWAA Rwanda adoption forum on yahoo? I tend to loose track of who is who on there but it is very helpful to receive updates from everyone and there is a database of where folks are in the process. Feel free to email me kneubauerpotthoff@gmail.com or our blog is Africainourhearts.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteKari