Recycling for Rwanda



Saturday, October 6, 2012

Since we have started Ezra on "real food" she has only refused those dirty little beets.  There are days when I wonder if she has the natural mechanism in her belly that says, "I'm full."  The girl loves to eat, all things.  Grass, pea shoots, paper hole punch-outs, pickles, etc.  She is also beginning to pass off her morning bottle for more important things, like standing on the couch to point to the "horsies." 

Language development is on the upswing with new words daily, but not always on cue, as I would like.  For example, I am desperately looking for the word "please" whenever she requests something.  She will cheerfully throw the word around at her convenience, but press her gently for it when a popcorn kernel is at stake and a much different picture unfolds.  "No, no, no!"  with a passionate back and forth shake of the head is included for all to witness. 

It's been so long since tantrums have been a part of our everyday life.  I welcome you with open arms and look forward to reliving this phase with Ruby just as Ezra moves onto potty training.  Always up to my elbows in something.

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of the moment they get to eat the prey... you know how the stuff is all over the place. I'm sure I won't feel the same about greens for a long, long time. Thanks, my sweet Ezra!

    ReplyDelete