I have "How He Loves Us" turned up in the head phones as I write this. There are days when a simple worship song can turn the entire day around. Today is such a day as this. Today marks six months since our Dossier touched ground in Rwanda. Holy smokes...I wish I could say that it seems like just yesterday that this celebrated occasion took place, but to be honest, it feels like six months. There are days when I don't notice, but then there are moments when I nearly feel like I am suffocating in this wait...dragging, discouraged, tearful, lonely.
It is in those moments that my heart calls out to worship our Maker and I begin to think about the way He loves us. If I don't turn to Him but rather, I turn to myself instead, it is then that I know I am trouble. Remember Peter, the one disciple that chose to get out of the boat (Matthew 14:28-33) He had such great faith that he jumped on the opportunity to experience the impossible. It wasn't a toe dipping, deep reflection, moment. Peter asks, "Lord, if it is You, ask me to come."
Come.
I see Peter full of focused ambition as he stands up and steps forward boldly onto the water. Waves tickled his ankles, sea mist coaxed him to take the next step, and there he was, walking towards Christ, on water. All was going great, until he began to doubt, he took his eyes off Christ and focused on himself, the task that was at hand and the world he was within. "It was then that he began to sink and he cried out, Lord save me."
I am sure that you have all felt that you were sinking at one time or another. You may be sailing down the drain at this very moment. Take heart and know that Christ loves you so much. It's not that He loved you and then left you to fend for yourself. It's not that He loved you so much that He created you and then turned from you and ran. No He loves you, yesterday, today, always, and forever the same...no matter who you are, what you have done, how your hair looks, what you wear, what you think, how much money you make, what brand of cheese you purchase, whether you bite your nails, what you have accomplished, whether or not you choose to love Him...HE LOVES YOU. (I will not leave you or forsake you) YOU ARE HIS BELOVED. How awesome is that! The creator of all things LOVES you.
So whether you are on a boat, on land, in a tree, at a desk, where ever you are, turn from yourself to Him. He will wait...He stands at the door and knocks. If anyone hears His voice and opens the door, He will come in. (Rev 3:20) He will not beat down the door and take you by the collar and force His ways into your life, but He will wait at the door of your heart, gently knocking...it could be a song that taps, it could be a mountain view that opens your eyes to the truth, it could be a tear-filled, message soaked moment, but He is there waiting for your answer.
Will you let Me into your life so that we can do this thing together, or would you rather go at it alone? Grace awaits you on the other side.
"It was then that he began to sink and he cried out, Lord save me." Immediately Jesus stretched out his hand and caught him."
No comments:
Post a Comment