I apologize that it has been so long since my previous post. I have to admit, I didn't even send out Christmas cards this year. It's not that I didn't think deeply about what I would write and what format would be most appropriate, it's just that I ran out of time. So here we are visiting the Midwest, enjoying all of the amenities that Ohio has to offer, from close friends and family, to Panera bagels. (It is 1.5 hours to the nearest Panera from where we live)
We have had some development in the adoption which we are thrilled about. We now hold the final copy of our home study, notarized and all. This took some time because as many of you may remember, we had completed our final meeting back in August. With this home study we are able to apply for adoption grants, apply for immigration, and begin to wrap up some of the loose end of our dossier. It will still be some time before we submit our paperwork to Rwanda, but it is these landmark moments that bring true joy to the experience at hand.
I can't say that the past couple of months have been spent outside of frustration, but what I can promise is we have felt the Lord's presence along the way, whether the day be doused in doubt or primed with hope. I can't remember a time in my life where I have realized more that God's timing isn't necessarily my timing and I think I share that with anyone within ear shot. The more time that is spent on this part of our journey, the clearer the goal becomes...to bring our little girl home to her forever family.
I hope your holiday has been as wonderfully warm as ours and that the His peace which transcends all understanding is with each of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment